[Centos] Sendmail vs. Postfix

On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 14:05 +0100, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Fr, den 25.03.2005 schrieb Barads um 12:45:
>
> > >IMHO Mailscanner needs to split the queue. At least in part that wasn't
> > >recommended with Postfix and there even was a serious warning to do so.
> > >Did that change?
>
> > I'm not sure if it's a requirement. I use sendmail with split queue and
> > I cant see why thats a problem.  What was the serious warning ?
>
> http://www.postfix.org/addon.html
> -->
> Virus/SPAM content filters
> "mailscanner system, works with Postfix and other MTAs. This uses
> unsupported methods to manipulate Postfix queue files, and there are
> multiple reports of message duplication and/or delivery of truncated
> messages."
----
since you brought this up...
http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/serve/cache/382.html

I haven't had problems with message duplication and/or delivery of
truncated messages but having fooled with these things, and survived
earlier versions of uw-imap, you learn to roll with the flow and how to
fix problems or get run over.

As for MailScanner, I'm using it on a few Postfix systems

and I also am quite used to Sendmail

I very much like the milter stuff - clamav-milter, spamass-milter and
greylist-milter and I am comfortable with Sendmail

I also like Postfix, think that in many ways, it makes more sense to me.

By having them to choose from - we are winners as they both can do the
job - albeit in slightly different ways.

MailScanner is very effective too.

Craig