[Centos] Sendmail vs. Postfix

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 23:19, Barads wrote:

> >Big plus for sendmail is being able to run MimeDefang:
> >http://www.roaringpenguin.com/penguin/open_source_mimedefang.php
> >which will split out attachments and run your choice of spam
> >and virus scanners and do a lot of other stuff while connected
> >to the sendmail milter interface so you can still reject or
> >tmp_fail at the smtp level.
> >

> mailscanner is*/ far/* superior to mimedefang IMHO. Check it out,
>
> http://mailscanner.info

Superior in what way(s)?  I see it can do some of the same
things as mimedefang but can't see anything better - but since
there isn't a concise feature list, maybe I missed it.  The
things I like about mimedefang are that sendmail's own
access and other checks run along with whatever you add
in mimedefang before you accept at the smtp level so you
can reject without having to construct a bounce message,
and that mimedefang runs as a user without access to
the rest of the mail system, and it runs as a daemon
so you aren't starting new processes for every message.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx