[Centos] Sendmail vs. Postfix

Hah!!! This list is just too calm and mundane. The only thing we argue
about is the 'announce' list vs. the 'user' list. ;) So, it's
springtime! I'm seeing all the regularly scheduled 'oil' threads on my
motorcycle lists and thought "oh what the heck, lets get the 'oil'
thread going over on the CentOS list!"

And, I do not by any means want to start a big battle here.. hope
everyone is civil... but I've been with Sendmail now for a long time and
have been slow to consider Postfix, mostly due to 'other available
programs and tie ins'. It does seem however in the last year or so,
Postfix is being supported by most of those 'others'.

So, let the emails fly... Postfix vs. Sendmail.. I'd like to hear a good
input on the whys and whynots of each. I might just take the dive and it
seems EL 4 is a good dividing line for so many other apps, maybe I
should do this as well.

Best,
John Hinton <hoping he is not forever hated for starting this one> :)