[Centos] Sendmail vs. Postfix

Les Mikesell wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 18:39, John Hinton wrote:
>

>>So, let the emails fly... Postfix vs. Sendmail.. I'd like to hear a good
>>input on the whys and whynots of each. I might just take the dive and it
>>seems EL 4 is a good dividing line for so many other apps, maybe I
>>should do this as well.
>>

>Big plus for sendmail is being able to run MimeDefang:
>http://www.roaringpenguin.com/penguin/open_source_mimedefang.php
>which will split out attachments and run your choice of spam
>and virus scanners and do a lot of other stuff while connected
>to the sendmail milter interface so you can still reject or
>tmp_fail at the smtp level.

mailscanner is*/ far/* superior to mimedefang IMHO. Check it out,

http://mailscanner.info

'Tis a breeze to configure.

As for the postfix vs sendmail debate. I run both....

Mailscanner and sendmail on my virus/spam/phising filtering gateway and
postfix on my back end mail store/IMAP server.

That way I get the best of both worlds.