Re: System is randomly freezing, would like troubleshooting help

On 4/9/23 13:22, Luna Celeste wrote:

Do you have any links or resources I can read about these issues? My day
to day use with KDE has been rather enjoyable, and I'd hate to have to
use something else.

If you're not having troubles then perhaps don't change - i used to be a big fan too. And your symptoms certainly sound different enough and more driver/hardware than confused display software.

Its long ago now and as I said they are supposed to have made improvements in 5.27. The issues I directly experienced were dual monitor setups - you could look at bugs.kde.org and search for display or dual display or dual display crash maybe. Possibly reddit too or forum.kde.org

As I recall, in addition to the core design flaws, there were some nasty interactions between sddm and screen locker in addition to the display power bugs.