Re: System is randomly freezing, would like troubleshooting help

On Sun, Apr 09, 2023 at 11:26:03 -0400, Genes Lists wrote:
> On 4/9/23 11:00, Luna Celeste wrote:
>
> > message, I'm sorry. *Only* the display is sleeping. I do not have any
> > other power saving measures configured. And, even if that was the case,
> '
> I have in the past seen display related problems when display(s), esp more
> than 1 display, power themselves down - this was with sddm/kde - which,
> after years and years since abandoned, and changed to gdm/gnome which did
> not have any such issues.

I've disabled the display sleep (though will be powering off the display
altogether when not using the machine). This machine does run sddm/KDE,
so perhaps there is a connection.

> In case there is a filesystem problem, are you running 'journalctl -f' in
> your remote ssh - if there is a filesystem problem, it may show something
> even if nothing is written to the journal.
>
> I have no experience with zfs, but plenty of others do and seem not to have
> problems. Lerts not count it out quite yet tho.

Any issues with ZFS will be reported with the ZFS tools, and I can run
diagnostics to expose issues. That said, I have set up a tmux session
with `journalctl -f` running in order to catch anything else.
Additionally, I just realized that the last time I ran the diagnostic for
my data pool was in October, so I'm running it again. Arch provides
systemd timers for these tasks, and I'll look at enabling them.

Following up on a point from an earlier message, I have verified that my
BIOS and firmware are up to date.

--
Cheers,
Luna Celeste