Re: System is randomly freezing, would like troubleshooting help

On 4/9/23 12:19, Luna Celeste wrote:

I have set up a tmux session
with `journalctl -f` running in order to catch anything else.

hopefully it catches something.

Additionally, I just realized that the last time I ran the diagnostic for
my data pool was in October, so I'm running it again.

good to check.

Following up on a point from an earlier message, I have verified that my
BIOS and firmware are up to date.

do you have more than 1 display? To minimize interruption to your set up you can replace sddm with gdm and use it to start plasma - might not hurt (not a fan of sddm to be frank).

plasma 5.27 supposedly finally (after a year or so) is supposed to have improved/fixed the terrible display issues it suffered from (esp multi monitor). The most annoying were triggered by display(s) going to sleep and/or waking up which wrecked havoc on kde.

But I would not be shocked if bugs still remained; given how bad the bugs were - largely design flaws. But certainly eliminating sddm would be a good thing (imho). It was those unfixable without a big rewrite display issues that finally pushed me away from kde about a year back now.