Re: System is randomly freezing, would like troubleshooting help

On 4/9/23 11:00, Luna Celeste wrote:

message, I'm sorry. *Only* the display is sleeping. I do not have any
other power saving measures configured. And, even if that was the case,
'
I have in the past seen display related problems when display(s), esp more than 1 display, power themselves down - this was with sddm/kde - which, after years and years since abandoned, and changed to gdm/gnome which did not have any such issues.

that said - since your remote ssh also dies, this sounds like could be more than a display issue in your case - and if I recall you have had similar issues with 2 different graphics cards as well.

In case there is a filesystem problem, are you running 'journalctl -f' in your remote ssh - if there is a filesystem problem, it may show something even if nothing is written to the journal.

I have no experience with zfs, but plenty of others do and seem not to have problems. Lerts not count it out quite yet tho.