Re: libxml v1 dependencies

Hi

I don't understand this.

You'd have different Fedora Distributions and different Fedora
Distributors. Each one would be able to ship the collection of packages
from the FC + FE he wants to ship.
Different vendors can already distribute Fedora. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution

The burdon/load of compiling CDs would be
shifted away from RH, except if RH also wants to be one of these
"vendors"
Think LUGs or conferences. RH does ship Fedora for free on these occasions and additional CD's would cost more to redistribute.

As it seems to me, I can't make it to you - I am questioning this kind
of partitioning a distribution as a whole, because whatever you or RH
considers "nominal desktop" is irrelevant to users.

My personal preference might be irrelevant but whatever engineering resources being alloted to the project directly determines the level of development and integration work. Setting aside that point , community like I said can create their own targets based on Fedora repositories. There would can be any of Fedora GNOME or KDE or <insert your own target> editions. The difference is that the user can download one of those *single* CD's based on their choice and get most of what they want.

regards
Rahul