Re: libxml v1 dependencies (was: Re: multilib fun - devel packages)

On 12/15/05, Ralf Ertzinger <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 08:20:19AM -0500, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>
> > Would you replace that functional niche with another program or just
> > drop that functionality from Core?
>
> Drop it. There must be an obscure Java library somewhere that we do
> not ship in Core yet to take it's place.
>

> Just kidding. Mostly.

I'm still interested in hearing about candidate applications that fill
a role similar to gnucash that could be promoted to Core.  Dropping
the aging gnucash codebase and its dependancies certaintly has its
merit. I'd be much happier with moving gnucash to Extras if there was
something else in the personal finances/book-keeping area taking its
place inside Core.  If we only had a better idea of when the gtk2 port
of gnucash was expected to release something..anything..even
pre-releases.

-jef