Re: libxml v1 dependencies

> Hi
>
> >>There's also the question of if we're server focused or desktop focused.
> >>Right now it's some strange combination of both.  But for a one-cd
> >>install we're going to have to make a choice between the two.
> >>

> >Good question.
> >
> >--g
> >

> Desktop just makes better sense for a single CD target IMO. Server users
> generally are more advanced and would want to install more packages
> while a significant portion of desktop users might be willing to settle
> for the default desktop Lapps in a single CD.
IMO, distinguishing between desktop and server installs and basing
decisions on "whether to include a package or not onto this CD" on this,
doesn't make much sense due to the "rolling nature" of _both_ FC and FE.

I'd prefer if a "1CD-Fedora" was to contain only those packages a user
needs to be able to bring up his system to the point, where he can
configure it and download additional packages from the net.

I.e. I'd prefer a 1CD-Fedora not to be much more than an extended
"installer/bootstrap CD".

"Office", etc. then would not be much more than "predefined sets of
packages, a user would chose to install. Be it from CD, the net or
whatever media.

>  There is still a question
> of providing specific targets such as GNOME, KDE and XFCE among others.
Given what I wrote above, if one of these is part of "packages required
to bootstrap", so be it on the 1CD, if not, so be it not ...

> This can be resolved by building one and enable the community to build
> the rest.
I feel you seem to be mixing up "1CD-distro" with "FC vs. FE" and
"RH-maintained vs. community-maintained", here. In my understanding
there actually is no real connection between these topics at all.

Ralf