Re: X modes make my eyes cross (not literally).

Adam Luter wrote:

> I'm sorry to forget those version numbers.  I'm running Debian/sid
> with the prerelease 4.2 debs.  They seem to work fine, since I get a
> picture and everything is detected, etc. .  So right now everyone
> thinks it's the video card + bad modeline.  But it can be fixed if I
> can fiddle with the modeline a bit?
>
> I am right now just using the ones that 4.2 hands to me -- I tried
> looking to see if they were stored in a file, but no avail there, must
> be compiled in.
>
> I'm going to look for that manual for my monitor and try some
> modelines based of that.  (If I can find it).
>
> Thank you for the help (very, very much).

I could make a modeline if you specify half a dozen timing
parameters relating to sync-pulse widths and front/back porch
timings. My old monitor manual has all those listed.

http://www.xmission.com/~howardm/modelines.html
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/XFree86-Video-Timings-HOWTO/