NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX - problem fixed?

First, I want to thank the respondents. I found this site and info very helpful. I took the sage advice of several people to downloaded the drivers for RH 7.3 from the nvidia web site and installed them. I edited the config file to add nvidia driver and  I was able to run X server at what looks like 640x480 <better than a freeze with a blank screen>

I change the config file to 800x600 and rebooted, it worked!  Later I will try 1024x786.  I am happy with this.

Second, When I quit the GUI it causes a memory fault. It still seems to work but lots of error messages.

COBRA error - followed by applet errors and finally a MemoryError followed by 'waiting for X server to shutdown' message.

I ran up2date and several package were selected. I am having trouble booting from the HD since the initial install (different help area).  I tried to run Xconfigurator and it hangs my system and I have to do a install / upgrade to get it to boot again. I will stop tying to use it.

Now, I would like to get rid of the X server shutdown errors.  I can not find were they are logged or I would attach them.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Michael Connor