Re: X modes make my eyes cross (not literally).

1. 7500 have given a few problems, you should use google on the list archives, it will uncover a
few hints (I don't have a radeon my main interest being image processing I use Matrox for their 2D
quality)
2. You don't mention which version of X you are using, If my memory does not play me tricks the
radeons started behaving from 4.2.x onward

I suspect strongly that your monitor has nothing to do with your problems (mine are as old and
doing fine), theoretically you don't need to specify modelines anymore with X 4.x.x unless you
have something exotic. Running a CRT with 59 Hz is going to wipe out your eyes...

Lionel