[RFC] Shutdown rewrite for 1.5.x

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007, VDR User wrote:

> There is no reason to behave otherwise unless it's done thru some kind of
> "auto-shutoff? [y/n]" setting.  With a setting like that I suppose you could
> specify to shut off at a certain time of the day or user-defined timeout
> period.  But force a shutdown because the user hasn't interacted with vdr?

I still cannot follow your reasoning as the user can already disable the
automatic shutdown feature. Do you want to remove this option
completely, rename it or change its' behaviour? The shutdown could be
changed to a standby/powersave mode: the stream decoding will be
turned off instead of poweroff.

VDR's MANUAL: "Setting MinUserInactivity to 0 disables the automatic
shutdown, while still retaining the possibility to manually shutdown the
computer."

--
rofa