[RFC] Shutdown rewrite for 1.5.x

On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 12:06:20AM +0100, Udo Richter wrote:
> >Could you please introduce a configuration option that would
> >allow the Power key to initiate shutdown even while playing a recording
> >(provided that nothing else prevents a shutdown, of course)?
>
> You can shut down while playback, you just have to confirm it. And if
> you don't confirm it, VDR will shut down 5 minutes after the playback ends.

Sure, if the playback ends.  It won't end with my patched softdevice
that stops the playback of recordings when Shutdown.IsUserInactive()
returns true.

I had a look at the code, specifically vdr.c and shutdown.c.  I believe
that the right thing would be to add a second parameter to
ConfirmShutdown(), to allow cReplayControl::NowReplaying() to be
ignored.  Then, VDR wouldn't shut down unexpectedly while playing back
a recording even if the inactivity timeout kicks in.  But VDR wouldn't
ask for confirmation when pressing the Power key.  Thus, no new
configuration option would be necessary.

What do you think?  Should I submit a patch?

	Marko