[RFC] Shutdown rewrite for 1.5.x

Marko M?kel? wrote:
> Well, that would still break this scenario: You're watching a recording
> while it is being recorded.  Then you get interrupted and push the Power
> button.  Before the timed recording finishes and VDR gets a chance to
> shut down, you get back and push a button to switch to interactive state.
> You will be surprised to see that the playback doesn't resume from the
> same position.

Actually I wouldn't. Its the POWER key, not the PAUSE key. If I do that
with my old VCR (means, switch off the TV instead of pausing the VCR)
the same thing would happen.

>> But again, that way you cannot get VDR into inactive mode manually while
>> playback.
>
> Is that feature necessary?  If you believe so, maybe you could introduce
> a configuration option for enabling it?  The default behaviour would be
> to obey the Power button immediately.  The option could be named
> something like "Shutdown during playback must be confirmed".

Its mainly because the 'old' code did not shut down while playback, at
least since 1.3.25. (No longer stopping Transfer Mode or replay
immediately when the Power button is pressed (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg))
Before, I think, the power button stopped playback and did shut down.

I don't want to add yet another config option, either we let the power
button work directly while playback, or we ask for confirmation on
playback. Whatever the majority wants.

Cheers,

Udo