[RFC] Shutdown rewrite for 1.5.x

Udo Richter wrote:
> Marko M?kel? wrote:
>> Well, that would still break this scenario: You're watching a recording
>> while it is being recorded.  Then you get interrupted and push the Power
>> button.  Before the timed recording finishes and VDR gets a chance to
>> shut down, you get back and push a button to switch to interactive state.
>> You will be surprised to see that the playback doesn't resume from the
>> same position.
>
> Actually I wouldn't. Its the POWER key, not the PAUSE key. If I do that
> with my old VCR (means, switch off the TV instead of pausing the VCR)
> the same thing would happen.
>
>>> But again, that way you cannot get VDR into inactive mode manually
>>> while playback.
>>
>> Is that feature necessary?  If you believe so, maybe you could introduce
>> a configuration option for enabling it?  The default behaviour would be
>> to obey the Power button immediately.  The option could be named
>> something like "Shutdown during playback must be confirmed".
>
> Its mainly because the 'old' code did not shut down while playback, at
> least since 1.3.25. (No longer stopping Transfer Mode or replay
> immediately when the Power button is pressed (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg))
> Before, I think, the power button stopped playback and did shut down.
>

> I don't want to add yet another config option, either we let the power
> button work directly while playback, or we ask for confirmation on
> playback. Whatever the majority wants.

I'd also say that the Power button should shutdown without confirmation
unless there is a recording going on or a plugin is Active().

To avoid accidental shutdowns it might still prompt the user with
"Shutdown - press any key to stay up" or something like that for a
few seconds, but it shouldn't be necessary to confirm anything, even
if a replay is currently going on.

Klaus