[subtitles-plugin] Is it possible to change the PIDS in a recording on the fly?

Anssi Hannula wrote:

> Petri Helin wrote:
>
>> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>>> I'm afraid I don't understand your question.
>>> From the channel entry they're apparently advertising two audio
>>> tracks, an English one on PID 650 and a Dutch one on PID 652.
>>> What else is VDR supposed to do than to bring up these two
>>> audio tracks?
>>>
>> For what I know is that in set-top boxes the selection is supposed to
>> be made from the subtitles menu, not from the audio menu. I don't own
>> a set-top box, so I cannot confirm that it really is so. Now that I
>> think it again I must remenber incorrectly and it really is an audio
>> stream.
>> The reason why I brought this up is that I thought that there would
>> be a way to use that mechanism which causes the syslog line above to
>> notice change in subtiling PIDs.
>>

> Where did you get this information that they are supposed to be
> selected from the subtitles menu? I have heard of the audio subtitles
> too, but I thought they were simple audio streams.

It looks like I got the information straight from my own head ;) I did a
bit googling and found out that it is really a simple audio stream and
also located in the audio selection menu on set-top boxes.  I must have
made wrong conclusions about the announcements on the dynamic
subtitling. It was said that "the dynamic subtitling makes it possible
to use several subtiling languages and special services like subtitling
for those with hard-of--hearing".  In finnish here:
http://www.yle.fi/ylelab/faq/digitv_fa.htm

-Petri