[subtitles-plugin] Is it possible to change the PIDS in a recording on the fly?

Hi,

I have been trying to modify the subtitles plugin to cope with the
dynamic subtitling currently in use in Finland. But with no luck so far.
I can record the subtitles if the stream with the right PID is already
present when the recording starts, but not if the recording starts too
early.
What I have done so far is to modify the subtitles plugin to scan the
stream for any other subtitles PID than the ones in the configuration
file and return to the recorder three all PIDs corresponding to
subtitles.Language, subtitles.Language2 and the one found in the scan
(if present, 0 otherwise) instead of only the first two as it is
currently done. But the scan fails to find any other streams if they are
not present when the scan is executed, which is the time when the
recording starts.

I think that the only resolution would be to somehow add the new
subtitle PID to the recording when it is noticed. This means that
1. The new PID should be noticed somehow, by the plugin or by VDR
itself, that I don't know
2. The new PID should added to the recording, which I think means
stopping and starting the recording again, right?

So if anyone has any suggestions I would like to hear about them.
Especially about a way to notice changes in the subtitling PIDs.
In menu.c there is a function void
cRecordControls::ChannelDataModified(cChannel *Channel). Could that be used?

-Petri