status class extensions?

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 18:09, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > change of the next active timer,
>
> Just use SVDRP NEXT.

Not very nice to have to connect to VDR via SVDRP within a plugin :)

> > - Plugins can iterate on timer and channel lists. But I think, this
> >   lists are not thread safe for concurrent iterating and modifying
> >   by vdr and plugins with own threads.
>
> You're right, they're not thread safe. But since you wrote that you
> want to inform "other applications" about these things, and I have
> shown you ways how to do that (see above), I don't think these things
> are actually necessary in cStatus.

I've been stumbling over this recently, too. AFAIK the channels list is thread
safe already, if the plugin calls Lock() and Unlock() on the Channels object
properly. It would be nice if the other lists could receive these
capabilities too :)

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt