status class extensions?

Sascha Volkenandt wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 September 2005 18:09, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
>>>change of the next active timer,
>>
>>Just use SVDRP NEXT.
>

> Not very nice to have to connect to VDR via SVDRP within a plugin :)

I thought he wrote that he wanted to make that info available to
_external_ programs. Inside VDR he can always call cTimers::GetNextActiveTimer().

>>>- Plugins can iterate on timer and channel lists. But I think, this
>>>  lists are not thread safe for concurrent iterating and modifying
>>>  by vdr and plugins with own threads.
>>
>>You're right, they're not thread safe. But since you wrote that you
>>want to inform "other applications" about these things, and I have
>>shown you ways how to do that (see above), I don't think these things
>>are actually necessary in cStatus.
>

> I've been stumbling over this recently, too. AFAIK the channels list is thread
> safe already, if the plugin calls Lock() and Unlock() on the Channels object
> properly. It would be nice if the other lists could receive these
> capabilities too :)

Let's think about this after version 1.4.

I just _have_ to be increasingly restrictive with changes, or we'll
never get anywhere near a stable 1.4 ;-)

Klaus