[subtitles-plugin] Is it possible to change the PIDS in a recording on the fly?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Once version 1.4 is released I will certainly implement
> subtitle support in the core VDR at some point, and then
> you will be able to select subtitle tracks just as you can
> with audio tracks now.
>
> Klaus

This is nice to hear.
Now that you compared subtitling and audio streams I should propably
tell you that they are experimenting with an "audio subtitling" in
Finland which means that there is a possibility to select a subtitling
which is read by a some kind of a synthetisizer. In set-top boxes this
is done so that you select dutch (not that common language in Finland)
from the subtitles menu. In VDR this brings up dutch as an option in the
audio selection menu.
This is from syslog:
changing pids of channel 1 from 512+128:650=fin:2321 to
512+128:650=eng,652=dut:2321

How do you think this has been done? I mean the difference between
set-top boxes and VDR. Not that important though, just curious about it.

-Petri