EPIA M with FF Card

En/na Nicolas Huillard ha escrit:

> Sebastian a ?crit :
>
>> Seems like many people actually like using an EPIA with a budget card.
>> What I would like to know is what possibilities are there to connect to
>> a TV set? I mean the Epia just features a simple fbas tv-out, right? So
>> that's a downside, because with a J2 pinblock on a FF card you can use
>> RGB or S-Video instead of FBAS. Or am I missing anything?
>

> EPIA M also have a s-video connector. Maybe you are refering to older
> EPIAs without this conneector.
> Better quality is achieved using the VGA connector to a LCD/plasma TV.
> And I mean really better quality. Tony Grant could explain more on this.
> You can also directly use your average CRT monitor, which is already
> far better than any TV.

Well after this a lot of information I have decided try to set VDR with
only one DVB-t budget pci card.
I have a FF dvb-s card but epia have only one pci and I dont have the
riser card to get 2 pci's from the one pci of the epia.
If I obtain good results without FF card (using HW accel from epia
CLE266) I will buy a bugdet dvb-s card, probably nova-s from haupaugge.

My TV is a normal Loewe 100Hz with scarts.
My htpc case is the Silverstone LC11M (front 2 lines display and ir)
My distro is debian
The kernel I have thought to use is the 2.6.11.10 with the config file
from epiawiki.org:

Mostly-minimalist .config file for a Epia M or M2 used as a multi-media
server. Based on Gentoo 2.6.11-r5.
is located here:
http://www.epiawiki.org/wiki/tiki-download_file.php?fileId=14

And add the dvb driver in the kernel.
I supose that the next steps can be:
    - lirc
    - softdevice? (I supose that I have to use the s-vga to scart
connection from epia to my TV

But I continue having dubts and a lot of information that confuse me.
The last post by Laurence Abbott has left me outside orbits.

I don't understand if is better to me use softdevice or xine and how to
set X without desktop.
    - display plugin? (anyone can tell me one?)

I have set up a VDR in a normal PC compiling it from source code and the
usual plugins. Do you recommend continue this way or is better use the
etobi debian packages? What advantages has each method?

In the other hand I'm sure this experience will get to me some knowledge
that I want to share with VDR newbies and experts. But in my language,
spanish. Perhaps I publish a spanish VDR wiki or similar.

Thanks for all to all!!

--
Salutacions,

Leo M?rquez