Re: Errors with trn..

On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 02:51:07PM +0200, Patrick Vervoorn wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I reported some earlier crashes with trn when reading large, binary
> newsgroups, and have installed the tool 'valgrind' to debug this. I just
> ran a session like that, and I finally got the following message from
> valgrind:

I haven't used valgrind much, but from what I've read of it it is rather
too simplistic to cope with software which makes very heavy re-use of
buffers and pointers, as trn does.

Not much help to you, I'm sorry, and it's so long since I looked at trn
internals I can't even guess whether the errors you report are valid or
are due to valgrind making wrong assumptions about the code.

Nick