Re: Compiling trn

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008, Cheng-Jih Chen wrote:

> Hah, there are still people on this list, in the "I've been using rn for
> close to 20 years and you'll have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands"
> club.

Exactly. I haven't found any command-line, text-only alternative which
comes even close.

> I vaguely remember this error from the last time I compiled trn on a RHEL
> box.  From Google, I see:
>
> http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/non-free/t/trn4/trn4_4.0-test76-10/changelog
>
> Where you swap opt.h and util.h in a couple of files.
>
> The Sourceforge page has this patch:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1736810&group_id=6030&atid=306030
>
> which is what fixed my problem.

My apologies, it's only after I sent my original email to the list, that I
entered the original compile error into Google:

"opt.h:135: error: array type has incomplete element type"

which indeed led me to a Debian page, where some defines were moved
around. Did that, by hand, and a minute later I had a new trn compiled.
I'm testing it now, and it hasn't crashed yet with the 'glibc memory error
<blabla>' messages... *knock-on-wood*

Thanks for the response!

Patrick.