Re: Reliably play a sound without disrupting the screen? [offtopic]

On Tuesday 22 November 2022 12:02:41 pm William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> Okay, I believe it's long past time we bring this off-topic odyssey to a
> close. It's fun sometimes, but we're going too far. We won't agree on those
> big questions, and obviously we won't solve the world's problems.
>
> Let's try to solve our problems locally, where we live, starting with
> getting our machines to serve us, rather than the other way around.
>
> My apologies for starting or furthering the madness, but it is like a
> snowball rolling downhill.
>
> Besides, I have other problems, mostly having to do with my machine at the
> moment. Also, I can feel that Slavek is about to drop the hammer.

Naw, we're good.  We used the [offtopic] tag and (AFAIK) nobody was impolite.

I like Idiocracy, but in hindsight it was too mild.  Here’ a book I recently
read that somewhat (obliquely) explains some of the Gates/Soros/Fauci crap.

Metabolical: The Lure and the Lies of Processed Food, Nutrition, and Modern
Medicine
by RH Lustig,  https://robertlustig.com/metabolical/

Also see:
The Real Anthony Fauci The Movie, https://therealanthonyfaucimovie.com/
(edit:  Ah!, it based on the book:  The Real Anthony Fauci by Robert F.
Kennedy Jr.)

I haven’t watched it (probably never will), but I’ve heard it basically shows
how Fauci and Hitler used the same propaganda mechanisms to create lock-step
obedience in their respective populations.  Again, I could have
misinterpreted that, but the similarities are just too eerie.

Oh, and my personal opinion, ‘they’ don’t care if civilization stagnates.
Like said earlier about the Middle Ages, ~1,000 years of stagnation, but
the ‘elites’ keep their rule the whole time by keeping everyone uneducated.

My 2 cents, and I’m out.

Best All,
Michael