Re: Reliably play a sound without disrupting the screen? [offtopic]

On Tuesday 22 November 2022 13:15:39 Michael wrote:

> Oh, and my personal opinion, ‘they’ don’t care if civilization stagnates.
> Like said earlier about the Middle Ages, ~1,000 years of stagnation, but
> the ‘elites’ keep their rule the whole time by keeping everyone uneducated.
>
> Michael

Well, I will let you picture it this way, with a picture:
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2015/jul/21/carlos-curbelo/clintons-really-did-attend-donald-trumps-2005-wedd/
https://web.archive.org/web/20220407204533/https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2015/jul/21/carlos-curbelo/clintons-really-did-attend-donald-trumps-2005-wedd/

https://people.com/celebrity/hillary-clinton-and-bill-clinton-at-donald-trumps-wedding-photo/
https://web.archive.org/web/20220615231401/https://people.com/celebrity/hillary-clinton-and-bill-clinton-at-donald-trumps-wedding-photo/

My point is that, for the most part, with some rare exceptions, it doesn't
matter which side we choose. They may [say that they] destest one another,
but the truth is, they have more in common among themselves than they do with
almost any of ourselves. They shop at the same high-end places, invest their
money in the same ways, mix and mingle with the same kinds of people.

And what is true here in the US at present, I do not doubt, is pretty similar
to what we see developing elsewhere. Some places are much worse, a few are
better.

A person looking to move somewhere with enlightened rulers would probably
narrow down the choices to something like my own top three: Bhutan, Finland
and Iceland. Otherwise, I hear that there are a few isolated spots in the
world which are technically outside the laws of any government, but good luck
with that.

They are the rulers, and we are the ruled. That is how it really works. Once
we realize that we don't actually belong to their club, that none of us has a
hope belonging, then at least we can make wise choices about what to do with
the rest of our time.

my own two cents,

Bill