Re: TDE Devuan repository glitch

Dne út 22. listopadu 2022 19:34:34 William Morder via tde-users napsal(a):
> On Monday 21 November 2022 07:26:58 Slávek Banko wrote:
> > Hi Bill,
> >
> > it looks like you haven't done an "apt update" in a while, because the
> > version 14.1.0~s244 corresponds to the version from October 28th,
> > while the current version is 14.1.0~s247 from November 18th.
> >
> > So you can try to do "apt update" and install the packages afterwards.
> >
> > Cheers
>
> So the apt-get update and upgrade went fine, or seemed to do, until I
> tried to install some other packages, then I got an error message about
> needing GLIBCXX. Turns out that is glibc++, and I don't know what
> happened.
>
> Another thing I noticed during my recent upgrade, and again during this
> reinstallation: apt seems to try to connect to a Debian server, even
> though I have only Devuan repositories enabled. After a few seconds, it
> shows a Devuan server, and all appears to be okay again, but I am left
> wondering what that was about. Again, not sure if it's related to this
> issue.
>
> This is why I resist doing upgrades sometimes. But I looked over my
> folders of saved packages (which I date and sort), and I find that I
> generally have done an upgrade about every month or two, so at least I
> am pretty regular.
>
> When I did a fresh reinstallation of my system, I got a message that
> seemed like it might relate to that problem:
>
> apt-listchanges
> glibc (2.31-13+deb11u4) bullseye; urgency=medium
>
> I have not pasted the whole message, as I'm sure the developers are
> already familiar with it.
>
> Well, so now I am back up and running.
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,

as far as I know, the Devuan sources are designed in such a way that it is
a merger of the Debian repository together with a repository containing
Devuan specific packages. See "merged" in apt source path.

Therefore, when downloading packages, unchanged packages from Debian are
redirected directly to the Debian repository. This is why you can observe
downloads from the Debian repository.

Cheers
--
Slávek