how to force resize of kcalc-trinity?

Okay, so here's my problem. I want a basic calculator, at least the 4
functions, although I don't mind having other goodies, but I really just need
a basic calculator for doing simple tasks like figuring out whether I have
any money left in my account.

I got kcalc-trinity downloaded, managed to change the colors to make it more
visible, but now I find that it cannot be resized, nor the size of characters
in the display enlarged.

If not a Trinity program, then I'd be glad to try a non-TDE program, but there
again I run into the same problem with every calculator I've tried. The only
other one that I use sometimes is galculator, but while I can enlarge its
size, the characters stay so tiny that I cannot read them, cannot make out
the difference between x, +, and so on, and the keypad also has unreadable
numbers.

There was one that I remembered, qalculate, of which there was supposed to be
a Trinity version, but neither the Trinity version nor any others (Gnome,
gtk, etc.) with download and install. Something about dependencies, it seems,
but when I did a search for the deb package, I get only an error page.

Is there any calculator that I can resize both the gui frame of the program
(not sure if that's the right terminology) as well as the size of the
characters? Or is there some way that I could hack the Trinity version of
kcalc to make it bigger?

See attached screenshot for comparsion of the two top underperformers.

Bill