Re: how to force resize of kcalc-trinity?

Anno domini 2022 Tue, 22 Nov 10:20:53 -0800
 William Morder via tde-users scripsit:
> [...]
> This might be another problem to occupy those long winter months. At the
> moment, I can find no calculator application for desktop that really serves
> my own needs (i.e., visibility, configurable interface, etc.). I have
> downloaded every single application available for Devuan/Debian/Linux, and
> none of them is right. So far, top candidates are still kcalc-trinity,
> galculator (but only because it works, as visibility sucks). Of course there
> is qalculate (or one of its relatives, -gtk or -qt), which would work, if
> there were actually a package to download. Information online is vague about
> what's happening with that project.

I think I have a nice workaround for your "galculator" - not perfect but ok:

#!/bin/sh
DPI=$(xrdb -get Xft.dpi)
echo "Xft.dpi:300" | xrdb -override -
galculator &
sleep 1
echo "Xft.dpi:$DPI" | xrdb -override -

You'll need to press <ctrl>+<m> once to hide/show the oversized menu. You can usw "kcalc", too, but I have not found a way to hide the menu.

Nik