Re: how to force resize of kcalc-trinity?

On Tuesday 22 November 2022 02:40:27 deloptes wrote:
> William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> > Right (I believe). I already changed the output display. It is the size
> > of buttons, and the numbers and characters on the buttons. I want to
> > change those, but without changing everything else on my system.
>
> well, I wish I had the phone number of santa claus :)

Santa Claus can only be contacted via telepathy.

> the fonts in the GUI are managed in general, I am pretty sure you can not
> change it per application

This might be another problem to occupy those long winter months. At the
moment, I can find no calculator application for desktop that really serves
my own needs (i.e., visibility, configurable interface, etc.). I have
downloaded every single application available for Devuan/Debian/Linux, and
none of them is right. So far, top candidates are still kcalc-trinity,
galculator (but only because it works, as visibility sucks). Of course there
is qalculate (or one of its relatives, -gtk or -qt), which would work, if
there were actually a package to download. Information online is vague about
what's happening with that project.

My phone has a decent enough calculator, true, and it's an open source version
that I got from F-Droid, but I still would prefer not to use my phone as a
calculator except maybe when I am out there in physical space, that place
that is beyond the front door.

For the moment, I have adopted a rather unconventional solution, which might
possibly make me look uncool to the latter-day hipsters out there. I
remembered that I do have some old handheld calculators somewhere in a box or
a drawer. In particular, I have an old Texas Instruments solar-powered
scientific calculator (with hard shell case), which can do almost anything
except cook breakfast. It really was/is a great calculator. Unfortunately, I
can't find it, not even after tearing up the whole house.

But I did find an obscenely cheap Chinese-made solar calculator (brand name,
LeWORLD) from 2008, and it still works, has basic functions and constants,
etc., which will serve me for now, until I find a decent application for my
computer desktop.

I don't recommend that the kids try this. These small handheld proto-computers
are like vinyl records or person-to-person conversations, something that us
old guys talk about.

Bill