Re: Reliably play a sound without disrupting the screen? [offtopic]

William Morder via tde-users wrote:

> The rule of smartphones has indirectly interfered with my travel plans,
> with my work, my finances, and I am trying to extricate myself from this
> trap. Since I cannot, at present, get rid of my smartphone completely,
> then the next best thing is to try to get control over it.

Technology is changing anyway and moving to LTE VoIP. Which means that the
smart phone will become an internet device with SIP client anyway. In the
US 3G is disabled and probably later 4G.

The land lines moved in the past years to SIP anyway.

I guess it is the costs that is driving the providers to move in this
direction.