Re: Attaching documents made with Apples iWork Pages program

> I didn't think that would be the problem because the attachment won't
> even appear in the list.  You click Browse to locate the file, then
> click add - but the file doesn't get added to the list at the bottom
> of the page.  Any other type of file seems to work fine.
>
> Also - we can send pages documents as attachments through the same
> mail server using a normal imap client just fine.
>
> Any other ideas?  Or am I wrong and could this still some how be the
> mail server?

Could you show list of enabled PHP extensions? All extension and
zend_extension lines in your php.ini and PHP ./configure line or output of
phpinfo() (http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/TestPHPSettings).

Could you check size of these files? Some PHP versions silently fail on very
large attachments.

If you have PHP4.2 or newer, modify src/compose.php. Find lines with
----
/* get out of here if no file was attached at all */
if (! is_uploaded_file($_FILES['attachfile']['tmp_name']) ) {
    return true;
}
----

and change them to
----
/* get out of here if no file was attached at all */
if (! is_uploaded_file($_FILES['attachfile']['tmp_name']) ) {
     error_log($_FILES['attachfile']['error'],3,'/tmp/somelog');
     return true;
}
----
Then show numbers written in '/tmp/somelog'

--
Tomas