Re: Attaching documents made with Apples iWork Pages program

On Mon, September 24, 2007 3:15 pm, Chris Katz wrote:
> We've found that we can't attach documents that are created with
> Apples Pages 08 program using Squirrelmail.  Our students use
> squirrelmail 1.4.10a.  They will email assignments to their teachers
> as attachments.  They can attach Word, Excel, text, really any other
> type of file including apple keynote files - it's just pages files
> that won't attach.
>
> I'm very new to this list and appreciate any help.  Has anyone seen
> this behavior before or can anyone point to a possible cause?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Chris

It sounds more like a mailserver issue to me, rather than an SM issue. My web host,
on which my mailserver and SquirrelMail run, blocks the attachment of various file
types due to the possibility of malevolent code. Perhaps your mailserver blocks the
file type you are attempting to attach.