Re: One user having attachment problems

PLEASE do not post in HTML.  Plain text, with replies in-line is how
you should always send mailing list messages.  Notice how the thread
below becomes difficult to follow...

>  When I login as the problem user, and attach one image, the file appears
> in the attach directory, and shows up on the bottom of the message.
>
>  There are several users on the system.  All users, except one, are having
> no problems.  In other words, if I login as myself, or any other user on the
> system, attachments work with no problem.  However, if I login as one of the
> users (a non-technical user), attachments fail.
>
>  For this user, it appears that attachments work as long as you only browse
> and add a single one.  If you browse and add a second, the first disappears.
>
>  Regardless of whether you attach one or more, for this one user, the
> message that gets sent does not have any attachments with it, and the files
> are not removed from the attach directory on the server.
>
>  To reiterate, all other users on the system are working perfectly fine.
>

>  When I attach the second image, the first file disappears from the
> squirrelmail page, and is replaced by the second one. It also appears in
> the attach directory.
>
> When the message is sent, the message that is delivered to the other
> mailbox has no attachments at all. The attach directory on the server
> still contains the images that were supposed to be attached.
>
> Any ideas on this?
>
>  Yes, read the posting guidelines, post ALL information about your
> server, your SM installation, especially any customizations you've
> done to it. SM has never had this problem that I am aware of (this
> feature being largely unchanged for a couple years I believe) so I am
> inclined to think you made your own changes to the code that caused
> this. If not, you have not provided enough information for us to even
> begin to help....
>

>  This is a pretty vanilla installation.  I've modified NO code at all.  I am
> using MySQL for preferences and address book.  MySQL is on localhost, and
> this user's address book works fine.
>
>  Squirrelmail version is 1.4.7-4.fc4, running on Fedora Core 4.

Try upgrading SM.

>  I have several plugins installed:
>   Installed Plugins
>      1. abook_group
>      2. abook_take
>      3. administrator
>      4. autocomplete
>      5. calendar
>      6. calendar_file_backend
>      7. change_pass
>      8. compatibility
>      9. delete_move_next
>      10. filters
>      11. info
>      12. listcommands
>      13. message_details
>      14. newmail
>      15. pupdate
>      16. secure_login
>      17. squirrelspell
>      18. twc_weather
>      19. unsafe_image_rules

Disable ALL plugins and try again.

Finally, take a backup of the user's prefs, then remove all prefs for
the user and let them get repopulated as default and try again.

Again, first thing I'd try is upgrading SM, then remove all plugins.