I cannot add more than this since I am in no way technically minded to be able to answer certain questions. I am capable of using some pieces of software in so far as what I have been taught to do by others in the know and, like a monkey, I just copy the steps I was shown to accomplish specific, routine and repetitive tasks in the process of creating digital wav files. Some processes are carried out by others eg noise reduction which can prove quite challenging at times considering that recording are made in churches where chairs are dragged across, doors banged, people talk in the background, cars, buses, trucks and motor bikes zooming past and hooting their horn in the busy streets outside, church bells ringing half way through a session, birds chirping, etc etc etc. Most frustrating. But the end results of hundreds or even thousands of hours of hard work are the clear and crisp wav files that can do justice to the instrument being replicated digitally.

The task I am now performing is basically reversing part of the process that was done to these files after loops and markers were created.... that of recombining the L and R channels back into single stereo samples preserving the processing done before the separation. Loops and markers are created in positions that apply to both channels in a stereo file so they are bound to match exactly when recombining them again.

Mark

On 08/12/2016 23:23, Jeremy Nicoll - ml sox users wrote:
On 2016-12-08 20:37, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:
I cannot give any more information on where the loops and markers are.
They are created using audio software.
Well, what software?

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
I'm sure no-one thinks you've caused any inconvenience.  We're all here
because we want to process audio files, and like the approach that sox
offers.

In my case, I use sox for things because it's easy to keep notes
describing
what sox command I used to do something or other, whereas documenting
how I
may have used a GUI-based application is far more difficult.  And, I
worked
as a computer programmer so have little difficulty using sox (& other
tools)
to find things out about portions of a set of audio files, and then use
my
own programs to generate sox commands to manipulate those files.

At least I got as far as
merging two files using a bat process. Re-creating loops and markers
and checking each is as much of a task as the process at hand so might
as well just get on with it.
Does the audio tool within which you created these markers offer any
options
for exporting marker definitions separate from audio data?

Avast logo