Re: Sox marker handling Was: Re: merging mono files

On 2016-12-08 17:56, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:
> Thanks Rick.
>
> Whilst the software you mention looks interesting, it does not appear
> to carry the features I am looking for ie merging 2 mono wav files
> into one without losing loop and marker data.

But it might offer a way of extracting marker data from an audio file
that contains such?

Your bat file might need to examine aspects of the left & right files
(perhaps via soxi
or the stat/stats effects), eg checking (for the sake of sanity) that
each file has the
same number of samples, and perhaps approximately the same dynamic
level.  It might need
to run other commands to extract marker data from both files and (say)
check that those
values are the same.  Then it might want to use sox to merge the audio
data.  And then
after that it might want to use some other tool to place the marker data
back into the
merged file.

You shouldn't expect that all of this can be done in one step.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own