Powered by Linux
Re: Smatch for Xen — Semantic Matching Tool

Re: Smatch for Xen

Alright, the patches are out. The list is not complete, but it's a start
that should allow to get the first taint information for Xen as well. I
hope they make sense. Given my limited experience with smatch, I might
have made mistakes.

I spotted limits during compilation, and increased a few. I guess there
are more. I'll play with it and might increase some others eventually,
to get more coverage.

Best,
Norbert

On 08/14/2018 04:52 PM, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 04:33:15PM +0200, Norbert Manthey wrote:
>> Oh, that's nice. I'll play with the new script.
>>
>> Concerning the copy from user functions, I have a few patches locally to
>> get the functions into the tool, which I just have to make a little
>> nicer before sharing. I will post them once done.
>
> Forget about making it nice.  Just send it.  :)
>
>> I found the
>> "copy_from_guest" string also at other places, as well as matching
>> syscalls which come with a user controllable argument. The patches
>> should cover all those.
>
> In the kernel, syscalls should be covered.  Historically, it does matter
> how the kernel is configured, but hopefully we've fixed those bugs.
> Also we keep changing the SYS_CALL macros, so I can't swear that all
> versions work.
>
> regars,
> dan carpenter

Amazon Development Center Germany GmbH
Berlin - Dresden - Aachen
main office: Krausenstr. 38, 10117 Berlin
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dr. Ralf Herbrich, Christian Schlaeger
Ust-ID: DE289237879
Eingetragen am Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 149173 B