Powered by Linux
Re: Smatch for Xen — Semantic Matching Tool

Re: Smatch for Xen

Thanks a lot! I used your scripts and compiled Xen now, as well as
created the data base for it. As I am interested in analysis that is run
for the kernel, I also asked the tool to name the project "kernel", as
that enabled this analysis (e.g. the spectre analysis).

I called the build_xen_data.sh scripts multiple times on an upstream Xen
release branch, and the number of warnings did not increase, while for
the Linux kernel the number of warnings would increase, e.g. warnings
that depend on the taint analysis like the spectre analysis. Is that
expected, and is there a way to improve that for Xen?

Best,
Norbert

On 08/13/2018 08:31 PM, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> Ahh...  Never mind.  My mistake.  It should have just been:
>
> 	cat SMATCH/smatch/results/*.c > smatch_warns.txt
>
> The next problem is that I don't seem to be pulling in the
> include/xen/compiler.h header file...
>
> regards,
> dan carpenter

Amazon Development Center Germany GmbH
Berlin - Dresden - Aachen
main office: Krausenstr. 38, 10117 Berlin
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dr. Ralf Herbrich, Christian Schlaeger
Ust-ID: DE289237879
Eingetragen am Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 149173 B