Powered by Linux
Re: Smatch for Xen — Semantic Matching Tool

Re: Smatch for Xen

Dear Dan,

I just split the output in one-line-scan, and also use your cgcc wrapper
by now. Furthermore, I log all calls to cgcc so that replaying single
calls is easy now. The relevant info is logged in the file

SMATCH/smatch/smatch-preprocess.log

However, I do not see a reason not to use the --file-output flag, in
case you are more used to that. That should simply result in my output
files being empty, but that's fine. This way, your tooling should work,
i.e. collecting all the .smatch files should behave as in case of
working with the kernel.

If there is anything else I can help with, please let me know. I would
love to use your taint analysis for Xen as well.

Best,
Norbert

On 08/06/2018 03:54 PM, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 06, 2018 at 03:27:11PM +0200, Norbert Manthey wrote:
>> Thanks a lot. I am currently out of the office, and might be able to
>> respond once in a while. If required, I coukd get more details to help you
>> by pulling in colleagues.
>>
>> If you have anything that i could improve wrt one-line-scan, please let me
>> know.
>>

> The --file-output option seems to be broken for xen, but it's also
> unnecessary if you're using one-line-scan because the output is already
> separated by file.
>
> What would help me is if the strored files like:
> SMATCH/smatch/results/xen_arch_x86_pv_ro-page-fault.c
> only store stdout and not stderr.
>
> Of course, you'd prefer to not have any stderr output, but otherwise I'm
> not interested in it.  It just corrupts my stdout lines.
>
> regards,
> dan carpenter

Amazon Development Center Germany GmbH
Berlin - Dresden - Aachen
main office: Krausenstr. 38, 10117 Berlin
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dr. Ralf Herbrich, Christian Schlaeger
Ust-ID: DE289237879
Eingetragen am Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 149173 B