Powered by Linux
Re: Smatch for Xen — Semantic Matching Tool

Re: Smatch for Xen

On Tue, Aug 14, 2018 at 04:33:15PM +0200, Norbert Manthey wrote:
> Oh, that's nice. I'll play with the new script.
>
> Concerning the copy from user functions, I have a few patches locally to
> get the functions into the tool, which I just have to make a little
> nicer before sharing. I will post them once done.

Forget about making it nice.  Just send it.  :)

> I found the
> "copy_from_guest" string also at other places, as well as matching
> syscalls which come with a user controllable argument. The patches
> should cover all those.

In the kernel, syscalls should be covered.  Historically, it does matter
how the kernel is configured, but hopefully we've fixed those bugs.
Also we keep changing the SYS_CALL macros, so I can't swear that all
versions work.

regars,
dan carpenter