Re: No floppy controller detected

OK, ggod news.
I recompile the kernel, things went good, but it took time.

Anyway, then insmod /lib/..../floppy0 load the module.
Manual mount (root) mont the floppy. Read/Write were OK.

I am now trying hardly to finish the job properly.

I added one line in fstab,
/dev/fd0    /mnt/floppy     auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0

and one in /etc/modules.conf
alias char-major-2 floppy0

but fstab keep beeing cleaned at boot, and insmod keep beeing required
to load the floppy module.

I would like to have same I have on my computer. A left-click entry on
the disks entry on the destop showing me "floppy" and a neautiful floppy
icon on my Desktop after mounting it. Still looking for this step.
Any tips to do it or what I did wrong ?

Thanks everyone to try to help. I will never forget this mainboard ;-)

> The fedora linux kernel has the floppy driver as a module. You could
> also try to install that one alongside the rh9 one (don't know if that
> would work; it's completely unsupported...)
Well Fedora is still not here in Thailand, and downloading it is REALLY impossible with
the bandwith here ( around 7 days for 3 CD )

Thanks for the idea anyway.

Philippe

--
Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand