No floppy controller detected

Hi,
I just made a fresh RH9 install on a Desktop 1.7 Ghz Celeron. This is
not my first intallation, and I did check the machine before (Monitor,
video card, sound card).
Everything went fine, but I notices no "Floppy" item on the hardware
browser.
Adding it manually in fstab, was removed on the next boot, and I had
time to see the message : /dev/fd0 : no floppy controller detected (or
something like this,  I will double-check tomorrow).
So here I am now, with no floppy, quite crucial for my customer.

What am I supposed to do now ?

I will tomorrow upgrade the kernel to the 2.4.20-24.9 last update hoping
this could fixe things ...

Is it a kernel compatibility problem or a motherboard problem ?

I just need some information, as Google did not help me a lot on this.

I will tomorrow check every message, and write down the motherboard
brandname as I did not have enough time tonight.

We never know if someone got a idea about what checking more, I am
"listening" ;-)

Thanks,

Philippe
--