Re: No floppy controller detected

Addendum,

The exact message is (from dmesg) : floppy0 : no floppy controller found
Later in the log, I have :
ide-floppy driver 0.99.newide.

Motherboard : ASUS P4T-F / Socket 423 / Intel 850 Chipset.

Hope somebody can help me, my customer needs is floppy, or will go back
to Windows. But everything else is working so perfectly.

The last solution could be to install an external floppy drive, but will
I be more lucky, if the problem is the floppy controller ?

Waiting for some answers,

Philippe

--
Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand