Re: No floppy controller detected

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 23:16, Klaasjan Brand wrote:
> Why not download the redhat source rpm, edit the .config file to compile
> the floppy driver as a module and generate a new kernel rpm?
> If you're interested I can describe the steps to make that modification.
> I contacted you off list...
>
> > And with /etc/modules.conf ? Possible ?
>
> The default behaviour for the kernel is to look for modules when a
> driver is not compiled in. I don't recall having to load it manually,
> but even if that's neccesary typing "/sbin/modprobe floppy" will load
> it.
on my PC /sbin/modprobe floppy :
[root@p4 archives]# /sbin/modprobe floppy
modprobe: Can't locate module floppy

> I'm wondering what he will do when he finds a problem in windows...
As he is a friend also, he was already contacting me before, for Windows,
due to a really unstable installation (reboot 5 times /a/day). But floppy was OK ;-)
He is, after 2 days, very surprised of the stability, even the desktop
seems to be more clear for him. Well, he is really happy, no problem at
all. And really confident that I can solve this problem, thanks to many
here. I really appreciate.

(Now let's go the kernel compiling)

Philippe
--