RE: Shortcut Key to 'Kill' in X

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 02:00, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> As mentioned, this is under GNOME 2.4.
> This, AFAIK, is a gnome applet. I have the Gnome Panel. (You know, you can
> add little shortcuts to programs, launchers, etc) So.. I went.. RIght Click,
> out comes a submenu, I look at applets, then there's a "force Quit' applet
> along with 'snapshot', 'logout", etc..

If you're running GNOME 2.4 then aren't you using Metacity as your
Window Manager? In which case, just clicking the close button on the
window title bar will kill unresponsive applications - just wait a few
seconds and a dialog pops up and says something like:

|  The window "foobar" is not responding.  |
|  Force this application to exit?         |
|  (Any open documents will be lost.)      |
|        [ Cancel ]  [ Kill application ]  |

I can't see what you'd need an "XKill" launcher or a "Force Quit" applet
for ...

Best, Darren