Re: RBL blocking of rogers.com valid user e-mail addresses?

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 06:46:24AM -0500, Ed Wilts wrote:
> "Right" is when you have successfully blocked 100% of the spam and NONE
> of the legitimate e-mail.  There is currently no way to block all the
> spam and only the spam.
>
> Every ISP is in the position of trying to get to the "right" answer as
> I've defined it.  You all make trade-offs, as do I in managing our
> corporate e-mail servers and even my home network.  Those tradeoffs are
> made based on the customer base you're serving.  As your attempts to
> block spam get more severe, the odds of blocking legitimate e-mail go
> up.  How important it is to you to not block legitimate e-mail is part
> of the tradeoffs.
>
> Rodolfo has summed it up well and I think it's time to drop it.

Ed and Rodolfo - two people on the same mailing list speaking with wisdom
and savvy about a controversial topic.  Gotta be a first.

I second Ed's notion.

--
Jeff Kinz, Open-PC, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.  jkinz@xxxxxxxx
copyright 2003.  Use is restricted. Any use is an