Re: A question for Windows users here: posting from kmail ....

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 08:36:21AM -0400, Elton Woo wrote:
> What is the situation WRT MSIE and html links? The reason I ask
> is that recently I sent my sister some emails with links in them,
> and explained in very simple terms "put your mouse pointer
> here and here, and click". She called me long-distance to tell
> me that it "doesn't do anything".

This functionality is totally dependent on the receiving client.
There's nothing in any formal mail specification that says that this
should work.  In some ways, it's fortunate that it does.  In other ways,
it's unfortunate that it does.

It's probably easier to tell your sister to highlight the link, copy it
to the clipboard, open up a browser, and paste the link in.  This will
work no matter what browser or e-mail package she ever users on any
platform.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts@xxxxxxxxxx