Re: A question for Windows users here: posting from kmail ....

On May 5, 2003 09:58 am, Ed Wilts wrote:

> It's probably easier to tell your sister to highlight the link, copy it
> to the clipboard, open up a browser, and paste the link in.  This will
> work no matter what browser or e-mail package she ever users on any
> platform.

.... it's probably easier for me to *walk* to Toronto from Montreal,
and hold her hand, and show her what and how to do it. She and
my brother-in-law are in their eighties. Perhaps you can understand
how Windows, and *computers in general* tend to terrify older folk.

I certainly thought of what you are suggesting. However, it would
be an extremely L---O---N---G message, were I to try and explain
her how to open the browser and do that. They (she and her
husband) only know how to turn off the computer, click on
the MSIE icon, and click on get mail or send mail.

Asking (actually "demainding") any more of them, would be
subjecting them to absoulte misery and terror... NO JOKE.

Elton   <*SIGH*>.